- The driver is required to take and pass a test that screens for deep-lung breath alcohol.
- Without a successful pass, the Smart Start Ignition Interlock System disables the car’s ignition, rendering the vehicle inoperable.
- Periodic re-tests are required once the driver passes the test and the car has started.
- Features an alcohol specific fuel cell sensor is utilized with a patented breath sampling system.
- Several design features make circumvention and tampering difficult.
- Optional integration with Smart Start patented Photo-ID technology makes identification of the user easy.
- All test results and attempts are stored in a microchip which is used to monitor the driver’s activity.
- Ask about the optional warranty plan available when you call!